Dear all - welcome back!
Hope you have all had a great Summer break and are ready for the new term ahead. Also, thank you for downloading the Parent Mail App which will enhance how we already communicate with you.
Just a reminder : Waterside - all children return to school on Friday at their normal times. King's Oak - Year 7 will return on Friday and Years 8,9,10,11 on Monday (8.30 - 2.30 for Year 7 and 8 ; 9.30 - 3.30 for Years 9,10,11).
Just so you are up to speed:
Face Coverings :
You will have seen in the news and received information from your unions regarding the updates outlined by the Government this week. We have read the guidance and taken advice from all the unions, the Borough and the WHO (World Health Organisation). We will go over this next week during our training but as a Federation but the basic points are:
- Pupils & Staff in King’s Oak MUST wear a face covering on both school and public transport
- Pupils & Staff in King’s Oak CAN wear a face covering when transitioning around the school. This will become MANDATORY if we become an area of national government intervention – i.e. local lockdown
- Pupils & Staff in King’s Oak WILL NOT wear a face covering in class as long as we maintain our ventilation and protocols as before the Summer break
- Pupils CAN & Staff in Waterside MUST wear a face covering on both school and public transport
- Pupils & Staff in Waterside CAN wear a face covering when transitioning around the school. This will become MANADATORY if we become an area of national government intervention – i.e. local lockdown
- Pupils & Staff in Waterside WILL NOT wear a face covering in class as long as we maintain our ventilation and protocols as before the Summer break
Although the guidance does not suggest that primary pupils need to wear a face covering, we know that some parents will be hesitant about returning their super hero without the acknowledgement that they can wear one if they wish. From discussion with the Leader of the Council (his letter is on the website and on our Twitter feed) he has endorsed this for every school.
The guidance is due to change (as we are now used to) very quickly and it may become MANDATORY that face coverings are worn by everyone.
During lesson times, face coverings will have to be placed in a labelled ‘freezer bag’ to remove cross contamination. We will also have to ensure we are monitoring hand washing/sanitizing – as wearing a face covering does increase touching your face (both pupils and staff).
If we receive any further information - we will let you know ASAP.
See you on Friday!